MATERIALS AND TREATMENT
- Louvers measure 2½", 3½", or 4½".
- Shutters are made exclusively from North American hardwoods, whose favorable characteristics include light weight, consistent color, hardness, attractive grain, and structural stability.
- North American hardwood resists warping and cracking better than other widely used woods.
- Paint grade consists of finger joined hardwood. Painting takes place following assembly and includes multiple coats of premium, UV-cured primer.
- Stain grade consists of sorted hardwood per light, medium, and dark color. Staining takes place prior to assembly and includes multiple applications of quality pigments and lacquers.
- The color palette coordinates with 2" wood horizontal blinds.
- Inside mount applications include hang-strip, direct mount, and Z-frame.
- Outside mount applications include L-frame and deco frame.
- Window squareness: If a window is measured diagonally and it measures more than ¼" out of square, then an outside mount shutter is required.
- 12 frame configurations are available.
- 38 panel configurations are available.
- Standard tilt is hardwood; optional Hide-a-Tilt™ is .032" thick stainless steel.
- Hinges are .075" thick cold-rolled steel painted or plated. Available hardware colors include white, off-white, bright brass, antique brass, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze, and stainless steel.
- Panels are available with one or two divider rails.
- Two tension screws required per shutter section used to adjust the louver tension. 4½" louvers will have four per louver section.
- Bypass or bifold
- Café style
- Single or double mouse hole
- Split tilt rods
- Astragal stiles
- Specialty shapes include sunburst-style arches, arch and angle top, French doors, bypass on track, bifold on track, bay windows, and corner windows
- Framed and unframed arches
- Custom colors (paint and stain)
Minimum panel size: 9" x 15"
Maximum panel size: 36" x 120"
Bifold panels cannot exceed 26" in width.
Overall minimums and maximums depend on frame type and configuration.